Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well, it's the new year, and I don't feel a damn bit wiser or older...but I DO feel more organized. I hit the sale on plastic bins, etc. at Fred Myers and I've tackled the quilting room. Seems like more and more yarn is drifting into the quilting room and it has to be contained or it breeds over-night. I swear to God...I didn't buy that much wool, so it must be breeding on its own.
Anyway, first order of business was some shelves...move things up off the floor. Second order was bins.Also bought a little case with drawers for holding quilting thread and bobbins. Bought 2 big bins, one for roving, one for batting. Those bulky items need containment...they both tend to s-p-r-e-a-d out if you're not careful.
this corner used to be just a mound of batting trimmings. I won't throw them away as they can be pieced together to make a batt big enough for your project..but while you're waiting for the magical point when you have enough...they get a little unruly. Now they're contained. The other corner of the room still needs a litte work, there's some containers that need sorting through, melding and tossing, but it's greatly improved...
Note the tote bags hanging from the doorknob...those were all full of yarn that has now found happy homes in plastic bins. So it's still a work in progress, but so much better than before. I can walk all the way around the frame now. And to celebrate, I got Casey's school colors quilt on the frame. It's going to hurt to give this one to him as I've fallen in love with it. The colors are just wonderful. This is a picture of it on the design wall...before being pieced to gether. I'll post a picture of the finished project once it's all quilted.Sooo, it's Sunday evening and I've worked hard enough for the weekend...off for some knitting and tv viewing.

Happy and Safe New Year to you all.








No comments: