Wednesday, December 8, 2010

THINGS HAVE BEEN BUSY...

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Actually, they really have been. I am moved and settled in. I was sick for a while (there's a really nasty cold going around this winter...), and I've been to 2 retreats, been busy knitting and quilting and....

Pictures will be posted in a couple of days, but it does amaze me how time just slips away. And I'll be brutally honest here...A couple of times, I've sat down to update the blog, opened up Free Cell just to get my brain going while I pondered what to write...and the next thing I knew it was time to go to bed! Another time or two, I opened up ravelry to get inspiration and once again, next thing I knew it was time for bed.

But I have to tell you - if you've joined ravelry, you have follow the thread "Ugliest FO" in the "For Love of Ravelry" Group. What a group of optimists! Some of these things, the knitter had to know a few rows in that this pattern wasn't working...but they persisted, in the futile hope that more yarn thrown at it would turn it into something lovely. I identify with these people (I have my own ugly object posted too) and I revel in their optimism. We should all live our lives like that - know that if we keep on keepin' on, it'll turn out beautiful...no matter what the evidence says.

No comments: