Saturday, March 20, 2010

I love weekends!

We had sock club today...I had a sock to show...actually 2 socks, but only 1 each from 2 pairs. So I wore them together. I really think this should be a national trend. I know there's a lady out there who's designed some nice bright socks that purposely don't match. Well, if she can do it, so can I.
The one on the left is just a plain old sock...I love how they fit and how fast they knit up. The one on the right is from our sock club. I think the name was rainbow spiral and it was a little tricky - but that's why we're in the club right? To push ourselves and not get complacent in our knitting. I actually can't wait to do the second sock for both these. I like the color on both and I really like the spiral effect on the club sock. But maybe I should continue to wear them like this -then - just like the old joke, I could tell people I have another pair just like these in the drawer at home!
Mainly I wanted to write today to show you my circular needle holder that I made this morning. I've seen them in stores, but didn't want to part with the $20 they cost. So I took 4 fat quarters, a little scap batting to put in some stability and came up with this.

Sewed trimmed fat quarters end to end, made them into a tube , put alittle batting in half the length to give it some body. Folded it half and sewed channels across it about 2 in. apart.

I'd especially like to show the fancy closing method for hanging...after all, safety pins were invented before velco, right? And when you don't have velco...
It's not as pretty as the store bought holders, but I hope it will help me get a bit more organized. Now - off to get ready for quilting tomorrow. More pictures soon.

No comments: