Friday, March 5, 2010

God'll get you for that, Walter.

Remember that from the old TV show "Maude"? Well a few weeks ago, a co-worker got sick - sick enough to stay home for a couple of days - and they were complaining about how boring it was and they couldn't wait to get back to work.

I thought to myself - boy, how dumb is that? If I were lucky enough to get sick and have to stay home, I could get a day or two of solid knitting in without interruptions.

Well - - Yesterday and today I'm home sick. I told you my grandson came to visit last weekend, he had a cold. Now I have a cold. I spent ALL day yesterday sleeping. Did not have the strength or energy to even pick up a pair of needles. I did manage to move from the bed to the recliner to sleep, but that was the extent of my activity for the day. This morning, I have managed to get out of bed (about 3 hours after my usual rising time) and move to the computer (it's all of 10 feet) to write this. My next excursion will be to the recliner to rest up after this workout.

Seems like once every winter I get one cold that just knocks me on my butt. And I should have known better when I was wishing for 'time alone to knit'...God was just waiting for the right moment, wasn't she?

No comments: