Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring time in WA

We had a little taste of spring, everything is blooming and now the weatherman is talking about things going back below freezing! Shades of South Dakota!

I've been busy knitting and quilting, so staying out of trouble. Worked on some fingerless mitts, a new pattern from Jen Hagan. Tons of fun to do and easy. In fact I'm working on my second pair.

The cable goes around your thumb! Very cool. She's coming out with a whole new line of patterns, so be sure to check out her blog and web site...

And I've been working on socks from the sock club I'm going to. You might have read about it on Trisha's blog and saw the pictures of her socks...amazing what a difference the yarn makes. She likes pastels - I go for the earthtones.

Our instructor Jeannie is also a quilting buddy of ours and she's been busy working on both knitting (she says our next month sock is really fun) and quilting.

It's amazing how many of us are intersested (and proficient) in both arts. Personally, I think it has to do with both the texture and the color. Sculpting would provide the texture part of the fulfillment, but would lack the excitement of the color. Painting would supply color to your life, but you'd miss that wonderful tactile feel of the wool and cotton. My life always feels more balanced when I have my fiber. (pun intended)

More pictures next time.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

I love your point about why we like knitting and quilting over other crafts. Gave me something to think about.

Can't wait to see your socks on Saturday. I am kitchenering the toes today. Yay!