Sunday, March 28, 2010

sewing sewing sewing

It's been a fairly productive week - some pictures for viewing. A group of us got together at Evergreen Quilting in Tacoma and alot of them really got something accomplished. I got a lot of visiting done - but that's important too. Below is Gail and the bunny she made for her grandaughter. She had a couple of dresses done, so there might be another bunny lurking around too.

Shirley was working on one of the 5 yard quilts. Both Barb and Amber had finished ones, but like an idiot - I didn't get pictures of those - but doesn't Shirley look industrious?

A couple of other good shots of the group at work.

I've got a couple of things on the design wall. This first one is a "split nine patch" or disappearing nine patch" Should have it pieced and hopefully quilted in time for show and tell at our next guild meeting. I love these fabrics - they just make me happy.

I find I'm making more quilts for the happiness factor than anything else. So it also seems like I'm liking all my quilts more. There's been times that I've finished a quit and just been mostly pleased that it was finished - didn't really LOVE it. This one - I think I'll LOVE. I'm also working on an Asian fractions style that I think I'm really going to like too...the background fabric is wonderful.

And I've started working on my Mariner's compass for the BOM at Pacific Fabrics. I think it will turn out pretty nice, but it reminds me again why I don't like paper piecing. way too fiddly for me.Next - organizing my sewing room...gonna start on scrap quilts...

























1 comment:

Trisha said...

I like the colors of your disappearing 9 patch. They do look happy. The sewing group at Evergreen looks so fun. It is like a mini retreat. I am counting the days to the Memorial Day retreat.